The restoration of the central atrium and historic courtrooms of the 1892 building, and the original Post Office retail hall in the 1933 wing included cleaning original wood and marble and replicating original paint colors and stencil patterns. A new skylight and laylight in the atrium replace the originals, which had been destroyed. New courtrooms and new office space for the U.S. Attorney General are integrated into the 1933 extension. Reconstructed sidewalks and new monumental steps connect three accessible building entrances to the street and Cadman Plaza Park.
575,000 gross square feet
490,000 gross square feet renovation
85,000 gross square feet new construction