The reconstructed sandstone exterior, with tower, dormers, and slate roof, is a restoration of the 1882 building which is on the National Register of Historic Places. The new interior subtly transforms the organizational pattern of the original building. A new skylit stair hall rises through the full height of the building and introduces daylight to all the floors. Offices for the President, Provost, senior administrators, and a new Trustees Room are designed in a contemporary mode. The new core, with elevator, service spaces, central air conditioning system, and fiber optic cable network, is hidden from view. The new structure is fully accessible.
60,000 gross square feet